Should leaders be ruthless or rigorous? Examining the work of Jim Collins
Leadership & Life Chat
We are back for series 7!
Loyal listeners will know that Mark and Becky are huge fans of Jim Collins, so they decided it was time to dive deep into his work, and look at the seven key questions he claims all leaders need to ask themselves. They outline how each question can help with recruitment and retaining our talented people! Jim once said leaders should be “rigorous, not ruthless.” Can this really be applied to success?
GET IN TOUCH! We would love to hear your thoughts on today’s episode, email us at email@example.com. We’d also love it if you could rate us 5 STARS on Apple Podcasts or Spotify; this really helps people find us!
You can also watch us on YouTube! Click here
You can find all of the Leadership & Life Chat episodes here
The 7 questions
- Are you beginning to lose other people by keeping this person in the seat?
- Do you have a values problem, a wills problem or a skill problem?
- What is the person's relationship to the window and the mirror?
- Does the person see work as a job or a responsibility?
- Has your confidence in the person gone up or down in the last year?
- Do you have a bus problem or a seat problem?
- How would you feel if this person quit?
Sign up to receive the latest news from Larking Gowen