Let’s build an enterprise to be proud of
As services previously handled by local authorities move to the private sector, healthcare provision is transformed, and entrepreneurs look for ways to help the community, the number and variety of social enterprises continues to rise. Although the motivation behind social enterprises may be clear there continues to be some confusion over the term ‘social enterprise’, and what it means both in terms of taxation and reporting.
We have many years experience as advisors to the not-for-profit sector. This experience coupled with our strong commercial expertise means that we can guide you through this initially and provide all the on-going support needed as your organisation develops and grows. Specifically we can offer you expert, impartial advice on the right legal structure, including the implications for reporting, tax and other areas. We also have all the in-house resources to help you launch and grow your organisation.
Services we can offer to social enterprises include:
Advice on seeking the appropriate legal structure, company, CIC, charity or CIO formation and registration services
- Company secretarial and formation services
- Companies House documentation and filing
- VAT risk reviews and specialist VAT advice
- PAYE health checks, advice on benefits, dispensations and help with HMRC negotiations
- Governance advice
- Advice on systems development, including internal reporting and controls
- Topical newsletters
- Ad hoc accounting support (to cover unexpected absences, for example)
- Tax enquiry insurance covering VAT, PAYE, or the UK minimum wage
- Financial forecasting and modelling
- Tax planning
- Cost-effective payroll services
- Due diligence and advice on combinations
- Assistance with dissolution, strike off and de-registration.
To learn more about our service for social enterprises, please contact Julie Grimmer on 0845 450 2472 or