Education: Independent schools
Over many years of working with schools, we’ve learned a lot
These days independent schools face many challenges. Pressure on fees is increasing, parents’ expectations are rising and the continuing challenge to deliver Public Benefit remains. Forward-thinking schools are reinvesting for the future, but that means optimising cash flow and arranging the right finance.
We can help. We’ve been working with independent schools and other charitable educational organisations throughout East Anglia for decades. As well as taking care of all accounting and compliance issues, we’re committed to providing an excellent standard of service and added-value advice in a range of areas.
We appreciate that each school is different. That’s why we don’t offer a ‘one size fits all’ solution. Whatever type of school you are, we’ll take the time to listen to your concerns and help you make the right choices.
We help our clients with everything from audits and financial reporting to governance issues, taxation and VAT. We understand all the commercial and operational issues you face, as well as the regulatory and reporting framework in which you operate. We can also advise you on managing risks and optimising on opportunitites to reduce tax and VAT costs.
We have a team of independent school specialists, plus other staff available to help as required. So we have all the resources to take care of your annual accounts and audit and also offer proactive advice in key areas such as the tax treatment of non-fee income, the use of enterprise companies and VAT, the use of Gift Aid and the provision of staff benefits and PAYE risk together with structuring finance to fund capital developments.
Areas we can help with include:
- Advice on selecting the appropriate charitable structure
- Companies House documentation and filing
- Company formation and other company secretarial services
- VAT risk reviews and specialist VAT advice
- PAYE health checks, advice on benefits, dispensations and assistance with HMRC negotiation
- TR17 pension scheme reporting
- Governance advice
- Trustee training and guidance for governors
- Advice on systems development including internal reporting and controls
- Topical newsletters
- Ad hoc accounting support (e.g. to cover unexpected staff absences)
- Advice on Gift Aid
- Tax enquiry insurance covering VAT, PAYE, Gift Aid or Minimum Wage
- Advice on Charities Act and SORP developments
- Financial forecasting and modelling
- Tax and use of trading and enterprise companies
- Cost effective payroll services
- Due diligence and advice on mergers and combinations
- Assistance with dissolution, strike off and de-registration
To learn more about our service for independent schools, please contact Julie Grimmer on 0845 4502 472 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org