Charities and voluntary sector
We’ll help you to help others
At Larking Gowen, we have decades of experience advising clients in the charity and voluntary sectors. We believe that charity clients should only be served by specialist advisors, which is why we have a dedicated charities team.
Our advisors will take the time to understand your organisation and its work – no matter how large you are – and offer constructive, sympathetic advice on how to meet your current needs and plan for the future. As we work together, our service and advice will evolve in line with your changing needs.
We believe charities need more than compliance advice. So our advisors are here for you throughout the year, not just during your annual audit. We’re 100% committed to helping you meet your reporting timetable, and our fees are very competitive too.
Services we can offer to charities include:
- Advice on choosing the right charitable structure
- Forming new charities, including Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)
- Companies House documentation and filing
- Company formation and other company secretarial services
- VAT risk reviews and specialist VAT advice
- PAYE health checks, advice on benefits, dispensations and help with HMRC negotiations
- Governance advice
- Trustee training and guidance
- Advice on systems development, including internal reporting and controls
- Topical newsletters
- Ad hoc accounting support (to cover unexpected absences, for example)
- Advice on Gift Aid
- Tax enquiry insurance covering VAT, PAYE, Gift Aid or the UK minimum wage
- Advice on Charities Act and SORP developments
- Financial forecasting and modelling
- Tax and use of trading and enterprise companies
- Cost-effective payroll services
- Due diligence and advice on mergers and combinations
- Assistance with dissolution, strike off and de-registration
To learn more about our service to charities, please contact Julie Grimmer on
0845 612 0417 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also visit the charities posts on our blog for comment on topical issues affecting the sector.